DOT Substance Abuse Professional Services
provides New York State (NYS) Department of Transportation (DOT) Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Services for employers and employees
who are required to meet DOT alcohol and drug regulations.
Our Substance Abuse Professional Services are provided by qualified professionals with the following licenses and experience:
- New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (OASAS)
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
- Department of Transportation Substance Abuse Professional
- 30+ years experience in substance abuse and mental health fields
According to Federal Law (Part 40), a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) is a person who evaluates employees who have violated a Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol regulation and makes recommendations concerning education, treatment, follow-up testing, and aftercare.
The SAP represents the major decision point (and, in some cases, the only decision point) an employer may have in choosing whether or not to place an employee:
- behind the steering wheel of a school bus,
- in the cockpit of a plane,
- at the helm of an oil tanker,
- at the throttle of a train,
- in the engineer compartment of a subway car,
- or, at the emergency control valves of a natural gas pipeline.
The function of a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) is to protect the public interest and safety by professionally evaluating an employee and recommending appropriate education and/or treatment, follow-up tests, and aftercare.
For more information about our Substance Abuse Professional Services for employers and employees, please see our Contact page, or call: 1-516-521-3405.
Our Services | In-Person | By Phone | By E-Mail | DOT | DMV | FCE
"Feel Better, Look Better, Take Back Your Life!"